Get the most our of your 2017 racing season with the Fleet Feet Sports Racing Team! We promise that this racing team is unlike any other racing team in the country. It’s open not only to runners, but also to people who don’t already know that they really are runners. The purpose of this welcoming and inclusive racing team is to bring together like minded people who like to participate in races and have a zest for fun and shenanigans. This racing team is open to anyone regardless of how fast and how far you move.
We request the following things from the Fleet Feet Sports Racing Team participants:
- That you represent the Fleet Feet Sports Racing Team with pride,
- That you welcome all new racing team members,
- That you race in (at least) two of the local races listed on the “Local Races” page of our website,
- That you become a member of our running and walking community and attend our fun runs, educational clinics, and special events as your schedule permits you to do during the year,
- That you volunteer a couple of times a year at local races that we sponsor, and
- That you have an amazing, fun time with us!
As a member of the 2017 Fleet Feet Sports Racing Team, you will receive the following benefits:
- Short sleeve Fleet Feet Sports Racing Asics tech shirt (you'll love the new design!)
- At least one complimentary entry into a Fleet Feet Sports Stamford-sponsored race,
- Eight coached speed sessions from local coaches on the second Tuesday of each month from March to October,
- Three parties throughout the racing season (Kick-Off Party in March, Annual BBQ in July, and End-of-Season Party in November),
- Discounted entry into our 2017 Winter Warrior Training Program,
- Monthly Fleet Feet Sports Racing Team newsletter, and
- The best running buddies in the country.
Preliminary list of Fleet Feet Sports Stamford-sponsored races (spring and summer):
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Stroll 5K Fun Run/Walk,
- Greenwich Walk/Run for Hope 5K,
- Newfield Elementary School 5K,
- Breast Cancer Alliance 5K Run/Walk for Hope,
- ARI walk for independence,
- Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis 5K Run,
- The Boys & Girls Club Corporate 5K,
- Hope In Motion Walk & Run, and
- Navigators Stamford KIC IT 5K & 10K.
So, what will all of this cost? While we think the experience is priceless, we are offering entry into the Fleet Feet Sports Racing Team for an Annual Membership fee of $50. Plus, every time you attend a coached speed session, you'll be entered into a drawing for great prizes! The drawing will occur at the end of the coached speed session!
The fee may be paid either in the store or on Fitvil. To secure the desired racing apparel, registration should be completed by March 1st, 2017. After March 1st, 2017, apparel will be limited to sizes on hand.
Questions? E-mail Troy.